www.McAfee.com/activate is an antivirus software or program that was created and is maintained by a company of the same name. The McAfee Company was in the recent past known as Intel Security, prior to this name it was known as Network Associates.
This program was designed for the purpose of preventing, searching for, detecting, and removing malicious software and viruses including adware, Trojans, worms, and others from your devices such as laptops, computers, and smartphones. The program is able to supply you with in-browser reports concerning potential system threats identified and blocked. If a virus tries to download on your computer, the program interrupts the download and displays its warning messages. If you persist with the download, once the download is completed, McAfee catches the threats and transfers them to the quarantine folder for eventual threat removal.
Therefore, if you are looking out for one of the best and popular antivirus software or service for securing your system, then you should definitely consider using mcafee.com/activate.
Type of McAfee antivirus
There are different products of McAfee antivirus for you as an individual customer or business to choose from. The different antivirus software options available can satisfy the needs of many different types of customers or users. Whether you want a single system basic protection or all features of a large family, here are the different McAfee antivirus programs available, with no free options but all available as trial versions.
- McAfee Antivirus: This is a basic program designed for a single system and it is the cheapest virus protection product offered by McAfee. This program is able to handle all the basics of antivirus protection and includes a variety of features. Some of the top features worth mentioning here include robust online antivirus protection, anti-spam protection for downloads and emails, and 24-hour tech support. Since the technicians may take a longer to respond to your email or not respond at all, you are required to either use the chat window or call.
- McAfee Antivirus Plus: McAfee Antivirus Plus is the second cheapest virus protection program for your devices offered by the McAfee Company. One of the features offered by McAfee Antivirus is that it is compatible with computer, Mac, Mobile, and Tablet. Moreover, the program is able to protect unlimited devices, optimize device performance, includes a personal firewall, and has a free Antivirus/Web Advisor tool. This antivirus program is able to filter spams for both stand-alone email clients and webmail. Since if are using this program, you are able to protect unlimited systems, it thus ideally offers a good bargain for its users.
- McAfee Internet Security: The subscription prices for McAfee Internet Security tend to differ from a single device to multiple devices. As expected, if you are to protect multiple devices using McAfee Internet Security, that means you will have to pay more than when you are to protect just a single device. Some of the prominent features of this antivirus program include that it is able to protect unlimited devices, optimizes device performance, Anti-Spam/Anti-Phishing Protection, and Free Antivirus/Web Advisor Tool. Moreover, the program is compatible with PC, Mobile, Mac, and Tablet and it includes the use of personal firewall and 1-user password manager. One important thing to note is that McAfee Internet Security no longer offers parental controls feature.
- McAfee Total Protection: As the fourth most expensive McAfee antivirus program, it offers different and many features similar to the ones offered by the above McAfee programs. Some of these shared features include optimization of device performance, the inclusion of personal firewalls, a5-user password manager, protection of unlimited devices, and Anti-Spam/Anti-Phishing Protection. What is more, the program is compatible with different devices such as PC, mobile, smartphone, and tablet. Other extra and important features offered by McAfee Total Protection include secure file cloud storage and McAfee File Lock. Parental controls feature is also offered but then again it is limited to 10 devices only.
- McAfee LiveSafe: The features of McAfee LiveSafe are generally similar to the ones offered by www.mcAfee.com/activate Total Protection. Some of these many similar features incorporated into the McAfee LiveSafe antivirus program include anti-spam, password manager (5-licenses), file encryption, identity protection, system optimizer, tech support, and parental controls( unlimited license). In addition, the program also provides secure Cloud storage and it is compatible with different devices including computer and tablet.
Major Technical problems of McAfee antivirus and their solutions:
- While the McAfee antivirus is important for safeguarding your system against possible virus threats, it is a normal occurrence that it sometimes suffers from major technical problems. For example, around 2010, hundreds of thousands of users’ computers were disabled and that problem was attributed to a buggy or bad McAfee antivirus update. Some of the McAfee antivirus software major technical problems may include being unable to update or uninstall, a very slow system, system rebooting on its own, and installation hiccups.
- It is important to note that generally most of the major McAfee antivirus technical problems are able to be fixed easily. Most of the major technical problems usually occur when you have this habit of leaving your system unattended to or opened for a very long time. You can simply address the technical problem by performing a simple system restart.
- Also, another trick which may help you solve a major McAfee antivirus technical problem is uninstalling and reinstalling the program on your system. Another possible solution also worth trying out is performing a simple search online about the technical issue and finding solutions from different users. Most of the time if other users have encountered the same problem and you use their solutions; you will be able to solve your issue.
If the three solutions provided above do not work for you, then you can contact the technical problems experts of www.mcafee.com/activate who will be able to help you solve the underlying issue. When your antivirus program encounters technical issues, it is important that you contact technical support to enable the issue to be resolved faster especially when your system is at risk.
In conclusion, the cyber threats security solutions offered by McAfee are available for both home consumers and businesses. Regardless of the McAfee antivirus solution that you choose, you are guaranteed of your identity and data protection. If you want to get started with McAfee antivirus, simply head to www.mcafee.com/activate.