While downloading McAfee Antivirus products proves to be an extremely simple and straightforward process when done through www.McAfee.com/activate, uninstalling it can prove to be tricky for many individuals. This is especially true if you are using the McAfee Mobile Security Application. Whether you want to shift to a new phone or download the latest version of the application from scratch, here is a step by step guide to help you through the uninstallation process for McAfee from Android and iOS devices:
UNINSTALLING McAFEE MOBILE SECURITY FROM ANDROID DEVICES
There are a few ways you can go about removing the Mobile Security product by McAfee.com/activate from your Android devices such as your mobile phone or Kindle.
- The first thing you should do is remove Mobile Security from the Device Administrator list before you try to uninstall it.
- To do this, launch the Settings on your android phone.
- Go to Location and Security.
- Here, tap on the option that says, Device Administrators.
- Locate McAfee Mobile Security on the list and deselect it.
Once you have removed the McAfee.com/activate Security application from the Device Administrator list, you can remove it using either of the following methods.
- The first method is to uninstall the application using the removal feature offered by the application.
- Launch the McAfee Mobile Security application on your phone.
- Open the Menu.
- Select the Uninstall option. You may find it under the More section if it is not initially visible in the menu.
- The other method for Android uninstallation is to use your device’s removal feature.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap on Applications.
- Open the Installed Applications/Manage Applications option.
- Select McAfee Mobile Security.
- Open the Options.
- Choose Uninstall or Remove.
UNINSTALLING McAFEE MOBILE SECURITY FROM APPLE iOS DEVICES
Uninstalling the McAfee.com/activate Mobile Security application from an iOS device such as your iPhone or iPad is relatively easier:
- Simple press and hold down on the McAfee Mobile Security application icon which would be visible on your home screen until the icons start to shake.
- Tap on the little “X” sign that will appear on the top left corner of the Mobile Security app.
- Confirm the intent to uninstall by choosing Delete in the subsequently appearing pop up.
- Once the app has been removed, you can press the Home button to return the applications to their default state.