Regardless of the kind or brand of laptop or computer you use, protecting it with the necessary tools is a must in a world where cyber crime is running rampant. The least you can do is invest in a handy antivirus solution like McAfee Antivirus. One of the leading antivirus providers in the world, McAfee.com/activate forms a robust line of defense against attackers with the help of a multitude of effective tools that protect your data, keep your identity safe, and optimize your PC performance.
If you have recently purchased a Dell laptop, you may have found that it comes with a pre-installed version of McAfee.com/activate. It is very common for laptops and computer system companies to partner with antivirus solution providers to equip their products with the features you need to keep your information secure. A typical Dell laptop usually comes with a version of McAfee.com/activate Security already installed on it and can support around 15 months of protection if multi user, and 2-3 years if single user. But before you start using it, you need to know how exactly you can activate the product.
HOW TO ACTIVATE McAFEE SECURITY ON A DELL COMPUTER OR LAPTOP?
- First of all, launch your Dell computer and link it to a good internet connection.
- Launch the McAfee.com/activate application on your device and allow it to assess your internet connection.
- Select whether you are connecting from a Public, Home, or Work network.
- Once you are connected to the McAfee server, you will be asked to either sign in or create a new account. You can use your credentials if you already have them or make a new account by entering your email, password, and name.
- Accept the license agreement by choosing I Agree.
- Your activation will be processed by the interface and then you will be shown a screen saying Activation Successful. This window will also show the email address you used to register the McAfee.com/activate product along with the expiration date of the subscription. You also have the option to Extend the subscription time if needed.
- You can also verify your subscription and sync it with your McAfee.com/activate account by clicking on the McAfee notification in the tray of the Taskbar and clicking on Verify Subscription.
- Then launch the software and confirm the expiry date under the Your Subscription tab.