Online and digital accounts are protected from the outside world and limited to your eyes only with the help of passwords. These strings of letters, numbers, and sometimes symbols, ensure that your personal information and data remains private and is only accessible to those whom you give authorized permission to. Unfortunately, hackers have come up with ways to guess and break through simple and weak passwords, which is why it is important that you always use strong, complex passwords that are largely random and thus, difficult to guess.
WHAT IS THE TRUE KEY APP?
While using complex passwords is optimum, they are impossible to remember, especially if you are going to have a new one for each of your social accounts. True Key by McAfee.com/activate is a solution that is designed to counter this problem. This handy tool by Mcafee.com/activate allows you to create complex passwords and save them all on one platform which can only be accessed by you through multi factor authentication.
HOW TO ACTIVATE TRUE KEY APP IN MCAFEE LIVESAFE?
If you have subscribed to Mcafee.com/activate LiveSafe, you get free access to the True Key application as well. All you need to do is activate it to start using it right away.
- Launch your browser.
- Go to the Mcafee.com/activate home page.
- Log in using your existing account credentials.
- On your dashboard, click on My Account.
- Go to your Subscriptions.
- Here, locate True Key and activate it.
WHAT TO DO IF TRUE KEY SUBSCRIPTION HAS EXPIRED?
In case your subscription to Mcafee.com/activate True Key has expired, you will need to renew it to continue using it.
- Launch your browser and go to the Mcafee.com/activate home page.
- Log into your account.
- Under My Account, click on Renew My Products.
- Here, find True Key and renew it.
ADDING THE TRUE KEY EXTENSION TO YOUR BROWSER
Follow these steps to add the True Key extension to your browser, such as Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
- Log into your True Key application.
- Click on the Settings icon on the top right corner.
- Go to App Settings in the drop down menu.
- Find the Enable Browser Extensions option and click on the arrow next to it.
- Select the browsers you wish to add the extension to.
- Click on Continue.
- Follow the on screen instructions to finish adding the extensions.